[racket] datum-intern-literal and lists?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 28 11:18:16 EDT 2012

At Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:04:05 -0400, Danny Yoo wrote:
> So about 15% of the time in html-render is spent coersing xexprs to
> xml structure!  But there's already a function in the xml collection
> that knows how to write xexprs directly to output ports.  I informally
> replaced steps 2 and 3 with a direct call to xml:write-xexpr, and was
> able to cut down the runtime a bit.
>
> Can anyone else verify this?

Yes.

In the case of a document like the Guide, it takes about 10 seconds on
my machine to load the document (i.e., run the modules that implement
the document), and it took about 6 seconds to render the HTML. With
your change, it takes about 4 seconds to render the HTML. The document
run time dominates, but it's still a useful improvement.

I'll push that change (along with your other patches).

Posted on the users mailing list.