[racket] datum-intern-literal and lists?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Wed Jun 27 10:14:33 EDT 2012

> Any idea why?  Did you trace everything under a custodian to catch all
> threads etc, and ran without places?

I ran Scribble directly through the command line program 'scribble'.
As far as I can tell, under that environment, there are no direct uses
of threads or places, so the profile should be in a happy place.

>> So about 15% of the time in html-render is spent coersing xexprs to
>> xml structure! [...]
>
> And how much is that time compared to the overall time of starting
> with the .scrbl sources and ending with the final html pages?

I'm sorry: I should be more precise.  It takes 26 seconds altogether
on my machine from running scribble from the command line:

   $ time scribble reference.scrbl

As a caveat: my results may be askew from what's done during the
normal raco setup documentation timing, since I wrote the reference
contents into a single file, rather than the multiple files as would
normally be done.

I wrapped a (time ...) around the use of xexpr->xml to determine that
the coersion from the s-expression representation to the xml structs
was taking a few seconds, and measured around 4 seconds is dedicated
to xexpr->xml.

Posted on the users mailing list.