[racket] newbie drracket usage questions

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at me.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 01:15:44 EDT 2012

On Jul 30, 2012, at 10:53 PM, D Herring wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How would one accomplish the following in DrRacket?
>
> "apropos" (CL/shell) or "lookfor" (Matlab)
> Given a search string, return a list of symbols with matching name or documentation.
> I found that XRepl has the ,apropos command; but I haven't figured out an easy way to invoke it in DrRacket.

Do you mean: do that within Racket, or from Racket?

You can use the shell with (system "apropos ..."), but I don't know how useful that is for Racket docs.

Within Racket you can use the F1 key to get to the docs that tell you where a function lives. That
opens a web browser that allows you to type strings for more searching (locally and not).

I fear I am telling you things that you already know. :O)

rac