[racket] Look-ahead in parser-tools?

From: Simon Haines (simon.haines at con-amalgamate.net)
Date: Tue Jan 17 17:58:36 EST 2012

On 17 January 2012 23:53, Dmitry Pavlov <dpavlov at ipa.nw.ru> wrote:

> To work that around, I would
> change the lexer rules by putting mandatory quotes around
> facts or something like that.

Thanks Dmitry, I'd contemplated this idea as it simplifies the parser, but
complicates the language. I think I've run into other limitations with the
parser as well (such as the ability to generate transformations on
arbitrary tokens, where a rule could be 'word-token whose value is "is"').
As I mentioned in my reply to Eric, it's beginning to look like a battery
of regexes is my weapon of choice in the short term. In the longer term a
hand-crafted lexer combined with Thompson's parsing algorithm might be the
way to go. Thanks for your reply and regards.
Simon.