[racket] feeding trolls

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 2 10:21:52 EST 2012

Hi all,

We have until now never barred anyone from this mailing list.  We like
to keep it that way.  Eli Barzilay and I talk about such issues
periodically, and have been doing so a LOT lately.

Trolls are obviously problematic.  We're starting to get unsubscribe
messages, which does not help -- the goal of having this list is to
build a community, not to break it down.  So, we're being forced to
confront our principles.

I'd still like to stick to our principles.  That requires your
cooperation.  I'm going to ask, one last time, that people NOT FEED
TROLLS.  Our egos are not too fragile; you don't need to come to our
defense.  We appreciate the shows of support, but that just leads to
building out another round of the spiral.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.