[racket] thread execution granularity?

From: Rüdiger Asche (rac at ruediger-asche.de)
Date: Fri Feb 17 09:04:09 EST 2012

according to the Racket docs, the smallest amount of time a thread can
be put to sleep is 1 second. I need a finer granularity than that...
if I had access to the thread priority, I might just have the thread
poll the timer on low priority, but I haven't found a way to do that.

What I need to do eventually is call some (simple, mutual exclusion is
not an issue) code periodically but in a complex application context.
I can't rely on the application to do that cooperatively, so it must
take place in a secondary thread, but the period must be smaller than
a second (ideally I would be able to go down to millisecond
granularity but if necessary something like 50 ms would suffice).

Any ideas how to accomplish that?

Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.