[racket] wikipedia on IDE's

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan (vu3rdd at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 00:26:02 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
<vu3rdd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:22 AM, John Clements
> <clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 30, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Eduardo Bellani wrote:
>>
>>> What holds me personally to emacs is paredit for now. DR is rocking these days,
>>> specially debugging wise.
>>
>> Really? We've got most of what paredit offers, including mapping raw left-paren to matched-pair (this option is currently called "automatic parentheses"). Glancing over the cheat-sheet, it looks like the only major change would be the fact that right-paren is not mapped to jump-outward; instead, I just use the right arrow for that (when there are intervening chars, I  use opt-up opt-right).
>>
>> Are there other things that paredit gives you?
>
> My main gripe with DrRacket's automatic parentheses is the removal.
> When, say, the left paren is removed, the right one remains. Paredit

I should have written more clearly here. What I meant by the above
statement is that, if I occasionally put a left paren, it inserts the
right paren as well and now if I immediately remove the right paren,
then the right paren remains.

--
  Ramakrishnan