[racket] wikipedia on IDE's

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Aug 30 18:46:58 EDT 2012

John Clements wrote at 08/30/2012 06:19 PM:
> My recollection is that DivaScheme wasn't well-integrated into the existing editor, and relied on re-parsing the input after each keystroke.  I think that if you wanted something more like paredit, it might simply suffice to add bindings for the "closer" keys that mapped them to the search-for-end-of-sexp, though I do see (looking again at the paredit cheat-sheet) that the editor would have to distinguish whether or not it was in a comment.

In that case, maybe someone wants to re-tackle this.

> Come to think of it, I'm not sure how commenting-out works in paredit. What if I insert a semicolon that comments out several close parens, and no open parens? I would try it myself, but it looks like paredit is something that needs to be installed separately.

I see some credible logic for that in "paredit.el".  Taylor Campbell
does good work, even on Emacs packages (which have to be kludgey to some
degree).

Eventually, I will want to do something like "paredit" in Emacs, only
layered atop the more precise syntax info that Meow maintains
("http://www.neilvandyke.org/weblog/2011/06/#2011-06-20").  Meow is just
rarely at the top of my queue, since Quack and DrRacket work well enough
for me for now.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.