[racket] Getting test-engine to work with #lang racket

From: Luke Vilnis (lvilnis at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 18 21:22:53 EDT 2011

Thanks guys, that works! Still, it's pretty confusing that running
(test)from the repl does not work, only inserting it at the end of the
file. It
would be nice to mention that in the docs, something like:

"Note that the check forms only register checks to be performed. The checks
are actually run by the test function."

=>

"Note that the check forms only register checks to be performed. The checks
are actually run by the test function, which should be called at the end of
the file. Using test in the REPL will not run check forms declared in the
definitions."

I'm not really sure that's the best way to phrase it, but something like
that definitely would have saved me a few hours. I could submit that as a
patch if anyone else thinks its worth mentioning.

One other question: since (test) must be added explicitly, what does the
Enable/Disable Tests option in the Racket menu do? It doesn't appear to
affect the automatic test-running of "Beginning Student" either. It could be
a bug, but I'd be willing to bet that I'm missing something else basic here
as well.