[racket] Applicaton icon on windows

From: Brian Mastenbrook (brian at mastenbrook.net)
Date: Sat Oct 15 17:46:28 EDT 2011

On 10/15/2011 04:27 PM, Erich Rast wrote:
> Sorry for asking twice...this is currently a showstopper issue for me.
>
> I need to set a custom icon for an application built with DrRacket. On
> OS X this is just a matter of adding an icon and a custom plist to the
> bundle, but I've learned that on windows you apparently need to use a
> resource hacking tool for this.

Did you read the documentation on the #:aux parameter to
create-embedding-executable? I didn't see you mention it, so I don't
understand why it didn't work for you.

http://docs.racket-lang.org/raco/exe.html

It appears that --ico and --icns are provided as arguments to 'raco exe'
as a frontend to this, though it isn't mentioned in the documentation.
Try running 'raco exe --help' to see what arguments are possible.

Document icons are part of the registry. You can see how the Racket
installer (NSIS based) does this here:

http://pre.racket-lang.org/racket/collects/meta/build/nsis/installer.nsi

Look for Racket.Document\DefaultIcon .

--