[racket] Is there some Web services and XML libraries ?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Oct 9 21:00:26 EDT 2011

I have done a lot of this for different kinds of Web services created by
different organizations.  Usually, they are not using a standard
HTTP-based RPC mechanism, but just sending ad-hoc XML over HTTP.

Usually, I do normal HTTP requests, and then use SXML tools like SSAX,
SXPath, and sxml-match to parse the results.

For documentation on how to do HTTP from Racket, see the Racket
Documentation (from DrRacket, select "Help -> Help Desk" menu item, or
whatever it is called in your preferred language).

For documentation on the SXML tools, you will have to Google search each
one of them.  You can obtain the SXML tools from
"http://planet.racket-lang.org/", but the documentation there is not
good for most of the tools.

Feel free to ask more questions on this email list.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/