[racket] linking to planet packages in scribble?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Tue May 31 13:01:26 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> A doc search on `dyoo/js-vm' finds documentation, which confirms that
> the package documentation in installed, right?

Yes, that's right.

Ok, I tried changing the line to:

    please refer to the documentation of @schememodlink[(planet
dyoo/js-vm:1:13)]{js-vm}.

which seems to work: the documentation I generate with this links up
properly to the PLaneT package documentation.

However, I don't like this because this is too specific on the minor
version.  I tried to weaken this to just use the major number, but
with the expected failure:

    raco setup: WARNING: undefined tag in /home/dyoo/work/moby/manual.scrbl:
    raco setup:  (mod-path "(planet dyoo/js-vm:1)")

What makes me uncomfortable with tying the documentation to a specific
major/minor version of a PLaneT package is its fragility: the link
will break whenever I release a new minor version of a package.

Posted on the users mailing list.