[racket] Liitin screencast tutorial

From: Jukka Tuominen (jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi)
Date: Sun Mar 6 03:58:01 EST 2011

Those timestamps in Liitin are best described as transaction times to the
system. It may sometimes be "enough" to tell about the objects history, as
in the tutorial's "savings". Another "in-built" feature may be more useful
for critical instances, say storing wheather measurings. If the meter is
faulty or the communication to the server is slow or delayed, it should not
influence the data entry. Instead, you could create a Liitin object
identified as the true measuring time. If the value proves to be faulty, you
simply save an update ("Save update" button in the tutorial), and the
functions calling the value will then receive the corrected value
automatically.

This is the system's methods to deal with this kind of issues, but it is not
meant to replace the purpose of the metadata. Instead, if the metadata
contained errors, you could correct it afterwards. All of these actions will
also leave traces, so you can check what transactions took place and when.

br, jukka