[racket] Liitin screencast tutorial

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 5 19:32:58 EST 2011

On Mar 5, 2011, at 6:54 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> One of the difficult aspect of life-long data accumulation is dealing
> with data alrady accumulated before the new  system came into existence.

Starting about 10 years ago, I started formulating potential dissertation
topics like this:

 here is a problem with reality
 let's call a potential solution 'paradise'
 I want a dissertation that
   (1) describes paradise and
   (2) describes a way to get from reality to paradise

Sam's Typed Racket and Carl's Modular Hygienic ACL2 are two examples of just
this kind of work.

I think it helps a lot to take this perspective when it comes to a
description of 'paradise'. In other words, the solution space changes
with this constraint

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.