[racket] My PLT->Racket porting experience

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 3 08:24:16 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>>   - Worst of all, on the Mac, at least, the runtime errors that are
>>     raised by the teachpack when play-sound can't find the file are
>>     not displayed in the Interactive window! This was the cause of
>>     most of my frustration and wasted time. I had no idea why the game
>>     was hanging when it was supposed to play a sound: no error
>>     message, no pop-up, nothing in the log window... just a frozen
>>     game window.
>
> This is possibly related to error-printing bugs that Robby has fixed
> since v5.1, although I'm not sure.

I'm not completely clear on this one either, and I'd like more help.
Can you say specifically what steps you take to get an error with no
message, starting from a fresh DrRacket (without any 3rd party addins
like bootsrap (ie, if you need those, tell what you do to get them)).
This may seem a little bit pedantic, but it can make a big difference
in our ability to hone in on what is going wrong.

Thanks,
Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.