[racket] Reacquainting myself

From: Hendrik Boom (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Sat Jun 4 16:18:07 EDT 2011

New to Racket, old to Scheme and Lisp (bit I've been away from actively
using them for decades, and much has changed).

I'm refamiliarising myself, taking a small project that I could write
in several other languages in an hour, but doing it as learning project
instead of a quickie implementation, finding out what's available
nowadays.

The project is to take some overly dictatorial HTML and liberate it.
You know the kind of thing, take out all the excess <br>'s and &nbsp.'s,
figure out the real structure they're hiding, and reemit it using <p>
and <h5> other proper tags.

Now I can do all this from scratch, reading characters from ports and
writing code to lex it and parse it and recognise idioms and such ...
but that's so nose-to-the-grindstone.

Isn't the whole point of these new Scheme systems that we work at a
more conceptual level?

So I ask.  What tools and libraries are already there to make this kind
of task easier?  Or more elaborate tasks of this kind -- because I will
run into them later.  I look on the web and find myself lost in beginner
documentation.  I'm looking for links to heavier stuff.

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.