[racket] what kind of Racket editor operations would you like to see?

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 15 05:16:02 EDT 2011

Greetings.

On 2011 Jul 15, at 06:35, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> With the forthcoming Emacs mode for Racket, called Meow,

I eagerly await it!

> I intend to
> provide a conventional typing interface and also some sexp-oriented
> operations that people can adopt incrementally if they want.
> ("meta-uparrow", to move up a sexp level, is one example of a sexp
> operation people can adopt at any time, independent of other
> operations.)  I'd be interested in ideas how to better accommodate
> people becoming power-users in small steps like this, rather than a
> modal switch from dumb-editor keys to power-user keys.

Where's your dumb-editor/power-user boundary?  I take it that the C-M-u,d,f,b,k,q,a,e,h set of keystrokes are in the non-power-user category, yes?

Given those, is there a strong need for an additional M-uparrow (etc) keystroke?

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, UK