[racket] what kind of Racket editor operations would you like to see?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Jul 15 01:35:17 EDT 2011

What kind of Racket editor operations would you like to see?

With the forthcoming Emacs mode for Racket, called Meow, I intend to
provide a conventional typing interface and also some sexp-oriented
operations that people can adopt incrementally if they want.
("meta-uparrow", to move up a sexp level, is one example of a sexp
operation people can adopt at any time, independent of other
operations.)  I'd be interested in ideas how to better accommodate
people becoming power-users in small steps like this, rather than a
modal switch from dumb-editor keys to power-user keys.

I'm also interested in ideas for language-specific operations, such as
Quack's command to toggle a form between "(define (X ...) ...)" and
"(define X (lambda (...) ...))".  Different people will want different
of these operations, and I probably can't predict most of them.

Meow has more precise parsing of the buffer than Emacs modes normally
do, and so doing some things smarter should be easier:
http://www.neilvandyke.org/weblog/2011/06/#2011-06-20

I'm not going to be implementing this immediately, nor discussing it in
detail, but it would be nice to have a list of ideas ready for when I do
have another free weekend to work on Meow.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/