[racket] Handling bits

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Jan 24 07:38:37 EST 2011

As Jos said, there are the bitwise operations.  There's even an
operation to pick out an arbitrary range of bits.

http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/generic-numbers.html#(part._.Bitwise_.Operations)

I have used these bitwise operations to in my Racket consulting work
recently, for data conversion of technical data from a cool embedded system.

There are some esoteric bit-twiddling tricks that C can do faster, but
few people actually know how to do those and have a need.

In addition to the bitwise operations, it's helpful to know that
"number->string" has an optional radix argument, and that the reader
supports integer literals in binary like "#b1011".

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/