[racket] pretty-printing example output in Scribble manual?

From: Richard Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 23 17:03:07 EST 2011

Is there a way to get Scribble's @example form to pretty-print its output?
Right now, scribble just uses the normal REPL printer to render the output,
and that inserts hard line breaks at about column 62, which affects
readability.  See the attached PNG for an example.  (The expression being
evaluated has line breaks and indentation in good places, but that's only
because Scribble respects whitespace in the input and so doesn't apply to
the output.)

I can of course change the expression being evaluated to call pretty-print,
but I'd like to avoid that if possible, since that clutters up the example
with output rendering stuff.

I'm already using a custom evaluator for the examples, so I looked for a
way to change that evaluator's printer, but I wasn't able to find anything
like that in the docs.

Racket 5.0.99.6, nightly build from Jan 17, Mac OS 10.6.6.

Richard