[racket] Efficiency of tight loops in Racket

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 11:25:00 EST 2011

Thanks for your reply.
What I am observing is that when running DrScheme without any other apps
running, only one processor is used at a time, although control often
swichtes bnetween the two processors. I also observe that windows 7 aborts
DrScheme when more than 2Gbyte of memory is being used. I have set the
memory limit of DrScheme to infite and for windows to about 5 Gbyte. Under
windows xp virtual memory did function well, but that was with 1 Gbyte of
memory and trashing made it impossible to go up to 2 Gbyte. Now I have two
cores of 2 Gbyte, but can't put my machine to thrash on page swapping.
Jos