[racket] Couldn't find a step matching that criterion

From: Sayth Renshaw (flebber.crue at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 9 20:43:06 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Justin Zamora <justin at zamora.com> wrote:
>
>> The stepper works fine on simple programs.  You can try watching this
>> video tutorial I made for my students.  It's basic, but it covers the
>> essentials of using the stepper.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3X07a-7YRM
>>
>> Justin
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I am having a real issue with the stepper. Maybe the programs are too
>> simple
>> > so far for the stepper, but it doesn't step.
>> >
>> > The check syntax feature is great. for the check-color game should the
>> > stepper work? What is the trick? I just wanted to check the flow by
>> stepping
>> > through.
>> > Each time I use it I get "Couldn't find a step matching that criterion"
>> > No matter what I change select or do.
>> >
>> > ;check-color
>> > ;colour guessing game (target target)(guess guess)
>> > ;symbol symbol symbol symbol -> string
>> > ;four color symbols
>> > (define (check-color target1 target2 guess1 guess2)
>> >   (cond
>> >     [(eq? target1 guess1) 'Perfect]
>> >     [(or (eq? target1 guess1)(eq? target2 guess2))
>> > 'OneColorAtCorrectPosition]
>> >     [(or (eq? target1 guess2)(eq? target2 guess1)) 'OneColorOccurs]
>> >     [else 'NothingCorrect]))
>> >
>> > ;(check-color 'red 'green 'green 'red)
>> > ;'OneColorOccurs
>> >
>> > Sayth

> Thanks heaps. Very handy

Actually, I am still experiencing the same problem. I highlight the code I
want to step through and click the step button to bring up the step window.

It is stating all "All of the definitions have been successfully evaluated."
And then no stepping can be done and the above error still occurs.

The only way I have been able to get the stepper to work is to write code
errors purposefullly, this allows me to circumnavigate the  "All of the
definitions have been successfully evaluated." statement and allows the
stepper to function.

Sayth