[racket] Load Showimage

From: Sayth Renshaw (flebber.crue at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 6 19:51:27 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM, David Van Horn <dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu>wrote:
>
>> On 1/6/11 7:11 PM, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be possible to get the image SDL_image library added to planet
>>> racket? that way I could require the package and use it. Currently
>>> cannot do the examples from the first page of HTDP2e because I cannot
>>> use the SDL_image library.
>>>

>> You don't need SDL_image to run the examples from HTDP2e.
>>
>> If you're reading the HTDP2e, right-click the rocket image, select "Copy
>> Image" (or something equivalent for your browser).  Then, in the DrRacket
>> definitions window, right-click and select "Paste".
>>
>> Does that help?
>>
>> David
>>

> No the test example fails. It states to run this code after library is
> loaded(haven't been able to load library) and it gives this error.
>
>  (* (image-width )
>      (image-height ))
>
> and it gives this error.
>
> image-width: name is not defined, not a parameter, and not a primitive name
>
> meaning to me that the library isn't loaded.
>
> Sayth
>
> NB The image isn't showing properly in this email but is in the racket
> definitions window.

Actually it was a giant goose chase. The SDL image library referred to isn't
what needs to be loaded for HTDP2e to work.
Its not SDL-image that was needed but the image.ss teachpak.

Maybe the text could be changed from

Once you have added a library to your program, clicking RUN gives you
1176because that’s the area of a 28 by 42 image.

Load the image teachpak and load the example.

Sayth