[racket] Extending the Racket GUI with native widgets

From: Thomas Chust (chust at web.de)
Date: Tue Jan 4 20:05:45 EST 2011

Hello,

is it possible or even straightforward to implement the control<%>
interface of the Racket GUI libraries using a native widget? I'm
particularly interested in doing so for the GTK+ based Racket GUI
libraries.

More specifically, I'm trying to find out whether it's feasible to
create a binding to WebKitGTK+ that is properly integrated with the
rest of the existing GUI libraries. For my present purposes, the easy
solution to simply stick the WebView widget into a separate top-level
window unmanaged by the Racket GUI libraries is probably sufficient
and at least the already running GTK+ event loop would be reused in
this case, but I would much prefer a cleaner solution.

Ciao,
Thomas