[racket] ffi-lib: couldn't open "libreadline.dll.5" - Windows XP

From: Chris Nelson (xradionut at yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 1 10:20:48 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm a new user of Racket just working through the introduction examples and
such. I've finished "Quick: An Introduction to Racket with Pictures" with
DrRacket and I'm attempting to complete More: "Systems Programming with Racket"
through cmd.exe.  However I'm receiving the following message after loading
Racket at the command line.

Welcome to Racket v5.0.2.
ffi-lib: couldn't open "libreadline.dll.5" (The specified module could not be
found.; errno=126)
Readline does appear to be installed in my racketrc.rktl, and DrRacket aggrees
so maybe racket.exe is looking in a different path than DrRacket in Windows.

Thanks for any assistance!
Chris Nelson