[racket] Wikipedia article improvements

From: Joan Arnaldich (jarnaldich at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 09:14:07 EDT 2011

Joan Arnaldich <jarnaldich at ...> writes:

> I just added a wikipedia page with Racket code examples. Most of them
> come from Racket's main page. I tried to categorize it for application
> domains, and also added a section with examples on the different Racket
> languages.

The wikipedia page with examples has been marked for deletion. I tried
to object deletion in the talk page, but the editor RHaworth insists in
deleting it. His reasons are (quote):

"Overly-detailed description of features of a not very notable
programming language. Wikipedia is not an how-to guide or programming
manual"

I tried to explain in the talk page that it parallels the Haskell
article and that it is intended to be linked from the main Racket
article, without success...

So maybe if you consider that this page should stay other users should
contribute to the discussion. Given his statement, it doesn't look
there's anything else I could object... What bothers me most is the
"not very notable" part...

See the deletion page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Racket_features

And the talk page