[racket] Extending racket/gui with Gtk widgets

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 12 09:11:05 EDT 2011

At Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:37:41 -0300, Diogo F. S. Ramos wrote:
> Is there a documented way to extend the racket/gui language with widgets
> already present in Gtk?
>
> For now, I'm particularly interested in using GtkSpinButton.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu and Racket v5.1.2.3.

[Sorry for the delay in answering. A different message triggered a
 vague memory that I meant to answer some question about Gtk and had
 forgotten.]

Use the `get-client-handle' method of a `panel%' instance to get a
GtkWidget pointer for the panel as a Gtk container. Then you can use
the FFI to call a Gtk functions such as gtk_spin_button_new()
and gtk_container_add().

Posted on the users mailing list.