[racket] overlay and overlay/xy

From: Mark Engelberg (mark.engelberg at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 3 16:16:39 EDT 2011

Just getting ready for the new year, and looking closely at the
changes to the image teachpack.

I like that there is now a version of overlay that works as an offset
from the middle-middle point, but it doesn't address Don's second
observation that the semantics of overlay/offset feel backwards.  As
he points out, it is far more intuitive for the offset to apply to
image1 than image2.  Any particular reason you chose to stick with
this seemingly "backwards" behavior?  If so, it would help to
understand the reasoning so that I can explain it to my students.

Thanks,

Mark