[racket] Problems with Typed Racket

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 11 08:26:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:15 AM, Renzo Orsini <renzo.orsini at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> 1) If the first case is a bug, should I file it in some bug tracker system?

Yes.  The best way to file bugs is to use the "Report a Bug" feature
in DrRacket, available in the Help menu.

> 2) The second error maybe arises from the fact that in the documentation call-with-output-file is declared as taking either a string or a port, but for the type checker it should always take a string, not a port. Or I misunderstood the whole issue?

Rather than 'port', you mean 'path' here, but otherwise you're
correct.  This should be corrected momentarily.

> 3)  I am looking for advice about using or not TypedRacket. For my past experience in designing, implementing and using static typed languages for databases I would prefer the typed version, but I would like to know if it is stable enough for a medium sized research project.

I encourage you to use Typed Racket for this, and it should certainly
be stable enough for your project.