[racket] Solumns: evil version of columns

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 4 10:50:18 EDT 2011

Interesting program. You blog that it is too slow, so I took a look at
your code. I expect you could speed it up substantially with a few
changes to the data structures and so on. Some hints:

 - Classes are going to be slower than functions and structures
 - Use fxvector for a vector of integers and the fx functions for
operating on integers (this won't get you much, but is useful if you
later switch to unsafe-fx, which is faster)
 - provide/contract can be faster than define/contract for recursion functions
 - Use Typed Racket to automatically and safely turn fx operations
into faster unsafe-fx operations etc.

HTH,
N.