[racket] Hosting other languages on Racket

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 15:18:42 EDT 2010

On the other hand, the fact that the bytecodes are wel-documented
(both text docs, as well as a Redex model) has been a huge boon to
apps that can rely on all these front-ends to do their job, and then
port just the back-end to other platforms.

For the reasons Jay explains, I'd be hard-pressed to imagine someone
wanting to compile a reasonably standard language directly to
bytecodes.  Put differently, this is a "test case" of a language's
design, another one like its ability to express a meta-circular
interpreter.

Shriram