[racket] "Hybrid" Racket on Cygwin

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Sep 18 21:55:40 EDT 2010

On Sep 19, Thomas Chust wrote:
> I'm interested in building Racket for Cygwin but with
> Win32-GDI-based GUI libraries instead of X11-based GUI
> libraries. The configure script doesn't seem to allow for this
> setup, but since Racket already has support for Win32 GUIs and since
> nothing prevents a Cygwin program from calling directly into the
> Win32 APIs this should theoretically be possible without much
> effort.
>
> I would be glad if anyone with some insight into the build system
> could give me a few hints what I would have to do to make such a
> setup possible.

That's likely to be very difficult, since the Windows stuff is very
different from the usual configure script.  But do you really need to
have a cygwin build?  I'm always using cygwin on windows, but with a
plain racket build -- and it works fine (except for the usual: cygwin
bein painfully slow compared to linux).