[racket] problems running moby from source

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 30 12:17:58 EDT 2010

> sorry for possibly being too impatient - but could anyone just tell me if Moby for Android is being further maintained/developed and what the current state would be?
> The thing is, I got so much involved in thinking about developing something for Android now, I could also imagine helping develop the Android interface code further (like e.g. for the "location" stuff I mentioned) if that was welcome :-)

Yes, I'm releasing a new version of Moby in a few hours that uses the
new js-vm runtime I've been developing.  It should be more easily
extensible through Javascript foreign-function interface extensions.
For example, see:

    http://github.com/dyoo/moby-scheme/blob/mzc/phone/location.rkt

and:

    http://github.com/dyoo/moby-scheme/blob/mzc/phone/tilt.rkt

where we hook into the geolocation and accelerometer libraries without
having to code the whole module in Javascript itself.  We've been
using Phonegap to add Javascript hooks to Android methods, and so if
we want to get at more of the Android-specific features, the place to
start would be to see if Phonegap already exposes those features to
us.

Posted on the users mailing list.