[racket] problems running moby from source

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Sat Oct 30 02:18:28 EDT 2010

Hi Danny, hi all,

sorry for possibly being too impatient - but could anyone just tell me if Moby for Android is being further maintained/developed and what the current state would be?
The thing is, I got so much involved in thinking about developing something for Android now, I could also imagine helping develop the Android interface code further (like e.g. for the "location" stuff I mentioned) if that was welcome :-)

Ciao,
Sigrid

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:54:17 +0200
> From: "keydana at gmx.de" <keydana at gmx.de>
> To: Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu>
> Cc: users at racket-lang.org
> Subject: Re: [racket] problems running moby from source
>
> Hi Danny,
>
> thanks a lot for the explanation,- it worked fine, and this is very cool!
> But  you know, the reason I wanted to look into the source was that as a new and proud I-never-thought-I'd-buy-something-like-that-in-my-life owner of an Android smartphone, I wanted to look into how Moby interfaces with Android and what one could do using racket to create an Android app.
>
> Specifically, I wanted to see if there'd be some way to configure how (from what provider) and how often etc. to retrieve location updates (as described in the Android docs on the "obtaining user location" page, http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/location/obtaining-user-location.html).
> I saw Moby has an on-location-change handler, but I was wondering whether it was possible to access the underlying Android methods somehow (or for starters, to find out with what parameters Moby might "call" them), if only for the purpose of saving battery...
> Could you perhaps explain a little bit?
>
> From your reply, I'm also not sure that you are going to keep / develop further the Android-related code? And just as an aside, if Android remained a main target... would there (still, or again, or whatever :-) ) help be welcome for Android-specific stuff (like the location thing)?
>
> Ciao,
> Sigrid