[racket] Emacs-style keybindings in Windows

From: Joe Snikeris (joe at snikeris.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 14:16:22 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
>>> (turn it off).   Now you have Alt at your disposal, and with it a good
>>> chunk of Emacs keybindings.
>>
>> What do you press to copy selected text?
>
> C-Space to start selecting, M-w (Alt+w) to copy, and C-y to paste.

Ahh this works.  I think the documentation needs to be updated:

"Under Windows and Mac OS X, Meta is only available through the Escape key."
http://docs.racket-lang.org/drracket/Keyboard_Shortcuts.html

> It is a little annoying to end the selection, but other than that,
> it's just as I do in Emacs.

Yah, you need to do an extra C-<Space> to end the selection.  Is this
a feature?  I think ending the selection after a copy-clipboard should
be the default.

Thanks for the help!

Posted on the users mailing list.