[racket] Emacs-style keybindings in Windows

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 20 14:04:53 EDT 2010

>> I turn off menu key bindings:
>
> Me too.

So what's the problem w/ using Alt?

>> (turn it off).   Now you have Alt at your disposal, and with it a good
>> chunk of Emacs keybindings.
>
> What do you press to copy selected text?

C-Space to start selecting, M-w (Alt+w) to copy, and C-y to paste.

It is a little annoying to end the selection, but other than that,
it's just as I do in Emacs.  I actually just did both sequences in
both editors so I could look up which keys I was pressing.

> Do you have a custom keybindings file?   If so, would you please send
> it to me?

I would gladly if I had one, but nope, I just use vanilla.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.