[racket] moby: problem running on-tick and on-acceleration simultaneously on android

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Mon Nov 22 10:40:16 EST 2010

Hi,

on my phone, when I use on-acceleration (updating every 0.1 seconds, as is the default in moby's phonegap fork) and on-tick (delay = 1sec) together, on-tick gets extremely slowed down, that is, completely unusable...
Does anyone have a similar experience, and perhaps an idea what to do here?

Though I could try out if updating the acceleration less frequently makes on-tick work better, that would not really be a solution as I want to calculate velocity for a running person and thus do need frequent updates on acceleration...

Many thanks in advance,
Sigrid

Posted on the users mailing list.