[racket] Math Guidance

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 4 10:45:17 EDT 2010

> Come now Shiram, there are lots of people who don't want to go to CS grad
> school, didn't go to a name school and/or maybe don't have the stellar   GPA
> that the likes of Google tend to look for.

Your mistake is in assuming that the "likes of Google" look for
"stellar GPA"s.  My experience suggests otherwise.

> It doesn't make them poorly trained.

You created a false equality and then knocked it down.  I sure hope
you don't reason about programs the same way. (-:

> The point is that   CS grads are doing worse than comparable
> graduates of other disciplines.

Based on data with lots of questionable assumptions.  If it turns out
the assumptions are wrong, maybe they're actually doing quite well.
Are you perhaps suffering from selection bias?

And this still doesn't justify your remarks about courses.

Okay, troll confirmed.  I really will stop now.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.