[plt-scheme] Examples of Scheme (or Lisp) in real-world

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Mar 9 16:20:47 EST 2010

Gregory Cooper wrote at 03/09/2010 03:57 PM:
> In case it hasn't been mentioned already, ITA Software's
> (www.itasoftware.com <http://www.itasoftware.com>) popular airfare
> search engine is written in Common Lisp, as is the core of their
> airline reservation system.

ITA's ARS has an OK story...  An airline reservation system that
integrates with the legacy network of mainframes is much more
complicated than one might imagine.  I believe an official there was
quoted publicly as saying something like (paraphrased from memory) that
they used Lisp because the undertaking would have not been doable any
other way.  I think that their use of Lisp also helped them to attract
some of the smartest software developers.