[racket] Racket & Netbook

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen.degabrielle at acm.org)
Date: Wed Jun 30 14:49:07 EDT 2010

I had drscheme up till February on an asus 4g 701 with a 7 inch
screen, running the latest ubuntu 'full' (netbook remix doesn't fit on
the small screen). I did upgrade the ram to 2gb, removed extra apps
and had 4gb sd card salvaged from a camera, which is where I compiled
drscheme(overnight).

It was fine for running setup on individual collections, but not the
whole of drscheme.

The external VGA was fine for projectors, but looked silly on a big monitor

The best thing was that it was really cheap and light, and two to
three hours battery was fine for the ~1hr commute, though I did
recharge where I could. It was nice for light duty.

HTH,

Cheers,
Stephen