[racket] Racket & Netbook

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 30 12:32:14 EDT 2010

I killed my laptop recently -- spilled a glass of milk right on the
keyboard -- and I need a cheap replacement for when I'm travelling.
This will not be my primary development machine.  The only absolute
need I have from it is to be able to run Slideshow presentations,
though being able to meaningfully develop in Racket (i.e. running
"raco setup" in a somewhat reasonable amount of time) would be a big
plus too.  I am thinking some kind of netbook, probably running Linux.
 Does anyone out there know what kind would be suitable?  I have not
looked at low-end portable computers in some time, so I don't know
what kind of performance to expect, what brands are reliable, etc.
Thanks for any pointers!

Carl Eastlund

Posted on the users mailing list.