[racket] Web Application Deployment

From: synx (plt at synx.us.to)
Date: Tue Jun 22 18:10:18 EDT 2010

I looked over the FastCGI and SCGI protocols, and concluded that they
weren't much more efficient than a protocol known as HTTP. Why not proxy
your data to a webserver, using apache's proxy module?

My apache2.conf has a lot of these in it:

<Location "/z/">
        ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:6666/ retry=10
</Location>

If you can run a CGI program that launches Racket on some script file,
then you also have the ability to run Racket as a little web server. If
you can run Racket as a FastCGI server, or a SCGI server, then you also
have the ability to run Racket as a little web server!

Posted on the users mailing list.