[racket] Transparent Frame

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 12:26:54 EDT 2010

I can't give you a full answer, but maybe this piece of code can get be of
some help:

#lang racket/gui

(define f
  (new frame% [label ""]
               [style '(no-resize-border
                        no-caption
                        no-system-menu hide-menu-bar)]
               ))

(define cv (new canvas% [parent f]
                [min-width 200]
                [min-height 200]))

(send f maximize #t) ; does not work everywhere
(send f show #t)

It creates a frame with no border, only a canvas inside it.
Draw whatever you like in the canvas by getting the dc% instance.
It is not perfect though, as some window managers put some shade on the
frames.
You could maximize the window, but then the user would lose its control over
other windows...

HTH,
Laurent