[racket] Transparent Frame

From: Mathew Kurian (bluejamesbond at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 11:41:03 EDT 2010

I apologize for asking so many questions. I'll take a break after this.

Well, as you probably noticed, I am very interested in the GUI part of every
language, including that of scheme.

Anyways, my question is"'Is there anyway you can make a Scheme Frame
transparent (inside the frame itself where panels would go)?" I am trying to
port a game of monopoly in Java to Scheme...just to see how it turns out.

I don't know if scheme already does this with some extra addons. But, one
idea which I was thinking was if you could make scheme take a screenshot of
the background of the desktop (that is behind the frame) and then place that
image in a certain position inside a panel inside the frame. So thus
emulating transparency. And make a handler which would, as you move would
refresh that image and/or move the image location inside the frame.
Furthermore, just refresh the inside image in the standard 1/30 of second.
(much like ideaology behind java Robot)

It would be very useful if you could show me a piece of code that can do
frame-transparency for scheme?

(I first sent this to Shriram directly, he said that the reply would be
faster if i post it here, so i pasted a part of the email)