[racket] procedure, contract, assoc, and REPL

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 00:48:27 EDT 2010

Hi Robby -

What I am trying to do is to look up a key/value pair where the key happens
to be the procedure.  The struct idea will work only if I can serialize/hash
the procedure into a unique key, which means I will still have to rely on a
procedure matching itself (otherwise it's too much work for the client).

The scenario really boils down to - why does a contracted procedure not eq
itself?

The same script above shows that a contracted procedure returns #f with eq?,
but a plain procedure returns #t in REPL (both returns #t in module).

> (eq? test? test?) ;; test? is contracted.
#f
> (eq? test2? test2?) ;; test2? is not contracted
#t

Looking at the definition of
eq?<http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/booleans.html#%28def._%28%28quote._~23~25kernel%29._eq~3f%29%29>shows
that eq? is for determining whether two objects are the same.  And
since both test? and test2? are exposed via a module, i.e. they are "fixed"
once exposed outside of module, whether contracted or not - I would have
expected eq? would return #t for both cases in REPL.

Am I misunderstand what eq? is all about?  Thanks.

yc

--
Cheers,
yc