[racket] BIG BUG! On Windows, copying a bitmap doesn't work

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 21:56:49 EDT 2010

Sent this to just Robby, so forwarding to the list for posterity.

Also, I just tried re-opening the file on Linux and it doesn't work
there, although copying from Interactions to Definitions does work,
unlike on Windows. Here's a link to the file, in case the way it's
formatted provides a clue to why this isn't working:

https://www.dupontmanual.org/wikis/intro/ImageExercises?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=image-exercises.rkt.zip

The idea was for students to reproduce the images given so that the
test cases would pass. The black circles in the file should be the
images on this page:

https://www.dupontmanual.org/wikis/intro/ImageExercises

Todd

P.S. I'm glad we caught this before the fall. Saving files with images
and then re-opening them with black circles is a little disconcerting.
:-)

Do

(define BLAH --insert image here using menu--)

In interactions, do

> (image-beside BLAH BLAH)
pretty picture appears

Select pretty picture. Choose copy. Paste up into Definitions window.
Instead of pretty picture, black circle appears. (And it's a weird
circle that covers up parts of the text and doesn't seem right.)

Todd