[plt-scheme] OT: How do you trap a programmer in the shower?

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Mon Feb 15 10:03:14 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:51:17PM -0500, Todd O'Bryan wrote:
> One of my students told the first joke in class, and it made me think
> that the genre presents lots of possibilities. Here are my first
> attempts--critiques and additions welcome. Forgive the sexism in
> pronoun choice--I'm not sure if I should alternate between male and
> female pronouns or what, but him/her just isn't funny and making
> everything plural adds group showering connotations that I really
> don't want. :-)
>
> Todd

Long ago I heard that the Massachusetts law regulating medical practice
systematically alternated between the masculing and feminine for
pronouns, after the usual clause about the masculing including the
feminine and vice versa.  I further heard that at the point where they
were regulating childberth, the mother ended up being referred to as
"he".

Can anyone confirm this?

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.