[racket] setf in scheme

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Dec 30 11:59:46 EST 2010

Razvan Rotaru wrote at 12/30/2010 11:37 AM:
> In what sense would they grow the language? By adding an
> abstractisation layer, or by building it in the language.
> It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that implementing such thing
> in scheme is complex only because scheme does not have lvalues (as
> things that an expression can be evaluated to, that is).

At (at least) a syntactic level, it's making what were simple getter
procedures somehow be usable as both getters and setters, and I think
that complicates the language.  Or changes it substantially.

However, I suspect that implementing this linguistic complication in
Racket is easy.  I would first try "prop:procedure" in the
documentation, and a simple notion of lvalues that is used only by "set!".

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/