[racket] Futures and shared data structure

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 20 16:51:42 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> and, sure enough, looking at the expansion of the loop:
>
>  (for ([i (in-vector some-data)]) i)
>
> I see that it uses multiple values which, I believe are not safe for futures.
>
> I believe that this is a recent change and hopefully whoever did it
> will fix it (I'll post separately about this).

Whoops, no 5.0.2 also had this use of multiple values in it, and so
'for'+'in-vector' was not safe then either.

The expanded code doens't look very good, imo, tho, so perhaps whoever
recently was working on this can clean this part up too.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.