[racket] Exploratory programming?

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 2 13:12:31 EST 2010

P.S. Also struct definitions.

(define-struct s (a b c))
(provide/contract
 (struct s
         ([a integer?] ; insightful description
          [b boolean?]
          [c string?])))

Could be:

(define/contract/provide-struct s
  ([a integer?] ; insightful description
   [b boolean?]
   [c string?]))

or elevate the comment to an optional description:

(define/contract/provide/doc-struct s
  ([a integer? "insightful description"]
   [b boolean?]
   [c string?]))

And some analog for function definitions/contracts/provides.

Obviously all of us can make our own macros. But that makes it harder
to share code. Plus the tie-in to a help/doc system is a motivation to
standardize this. Also, I think it would help some people coming to
Racket from some other languages (at least it would have helped me).

Off soapbox.